Here at Animal Ark you will meet all kinds of dogs and cats who might not have survived at traditional shelters, and help them overcome their behavior challenges, whether they’re painfully shy, having trouble getting along with others, or just inexperienced at being house pets. You will assist in changing the lives of these animals – and animals all around the country – by doing a stellar job of training dogs through working in partnership with our staff and volunteers.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities include:
- Facilitate the complete adoption process and foster care process in accordance with all policies and procedures of Animal Ark.
- Deliver quality customer service, including assisting all clients with finding appropriate pets by facilitating introductions to suitable animals and disseminating appropriate information. This also includes but is not limited to: pet to pet meets, counseling, medical records, follow-ups, emails, and phone calls.
- Providing high quality customer service to people who visit or call Animal Ark as well as resolving problems and addressing any client dissatisfaction
- Utilize database and enter information and update files as required.
- Interact with caregivers, trainers and management on a regular basis to learn the specific details about each animal to make the right match for a new home.
- Keeping animal records current with information which will help place them into homes, foster homes or to rescue including entering medical examinations and behavior notes Maintain a daily animal inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Experience handling behavior challenged dogs.
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. The ideal person for this job would be a team player, positive, personable, upbeat, and energetic, takes initiative, and uses tact and diplomacy
- Resourceful, roll up the sleeves attitude. The successful candidate must have the initiative to resolve problems and seek answers independently and enthusiastically demonstrate flexibility to persist until goals are achieved.
- Knowledgeable of breeds, care giving, and characteristics of animals.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Ability to professionally advocate Animal Ark’s mission and position on issues.
- Valid driver’s license with access to transportation to travel on organization business.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, and the ability to learn google calendar, docs, PetPoint and email
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Work at a computer for extended periods of time to include repetitive typing, arm and hand motion.
- Perform strenuous physical labor including bending, stooping, reaching, lifting, etc…
- Ability to lift 50 + lbs.
- Daily hours and days of the week may vary according to the needs of the department schedule: includes weekends and holiday work
- Spend an extended period outdoors in all weather, including extreme heat and cold.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Animal Ark. Animal Ark is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status.
To apply for this opportunity, please email your resume and a cover letter by clicking here.