Important changes to Animal Ark operations.
The following changes are effective immediately and are due to the COVID-19 virus.
In the interest of public safety:
- Animal Ark is now closed to volunteers. We appreciate our volunteers who continued to work with our animals even as the COVID-19 threat grew, but for everyone’s safety we are asking our volunteers to stay home.
- Dog adoptions continue by appointment only. A staff member will greet you in our parking lot with the dog vs. having adoptive families enter the shelter. Here is our contact info.
- Cat adoptions are largely on hold since meet-and-greets with cats go better in their enclosures vs. a kitty carrier outdoors. However, if you have visited a cat recently and are sure they’re “the one,” by all means contact us.
These changes are in effect for at least two weeks.
We would like to ask our volunteers and supporters to consider the following:
- If you are able to foster a cat or dog during this two-week period (or longer), please let us know.
- Please consider a donation to Animal Ark during this tumultuous period.
Thank you for supporting Animal Ark!