Have you always wanted to save a life? Now is your chance!
Animal Ark is seeking kind, caring and love-filled homes to be temporary fosters for our animals.
A foster home provides shelter, food, care and A LOT of love to animals that will flourish with a little extra attention. It is a great opportunity for you to share your home with an animal in need, without the lifetime commitment that adopting a pet takes. If you have children, it is a great way to teach them compassion and responsibility by caring for a homeless animal.
When I foster a pet, what are my responsibilities?
- Provide a safe, clean and loving home
- Provide food, fresh water and litter (some of these supplies will be provided by Animal Ark)
- Socialize, walk and play with the foster animal
- Monitor and report to Animal Ark any medical or behavioral issues
- Transport pet to and from any veterinary appointments
- If the foster animal is a dog, attend at least one training session per month and transport the dog to and from at least one of our off-site adoption events
- LOVE THEM!
What types of animals need a foster home?
At Animal Ark, we prefer to have pregnant or nursing mothers and offspring spend time out of the shelter. During the warmer months, our shelter is pushed to capacity by pregnant mothers and kittens so there is a great need for families willing to open their homes up to felines.
Shelter life can be full of anxiety for some dogs – a private home with individualized attention will relieve the dog of this stress. It makes them easier to train and much easier to place into permanent homes.
Animal Ark will provide the foster family with resources and information concerning the care and treatment of their foster animal. Foster families can expect to foster animals for 4-8 weeks depending on the needs of the pet.
Interested in fostering or want to learn more or want to foster? Apply online now! Foster Application